- RSS Channel Showcase 9579524
- RSS Channel Showcase 9159199
- RSS Channel Showcase 3183382
- RSS Channel Showcase 1671837
Articles on this Page
- 11/05/14--08:27: _Research Study
- 03/09/15--07:07: _Understanding Obesi...
- 02/10/16--08:05: _Hair Loss after Wei...
- 04/14/16--07:55: _ReShape ™ Dual Ball...
- 05/02/16--11:30: _Single Anastamosis ...
- 05/13/16--14:31: _We Take Aetna Healt...
- 07/26/16--08:25: _Welcome, Marquis Hu...
- 11/16/16--13:27: _Experts Recommend W...
- 02/27/17--05:00: _Weight Loss Surgery...
- 03/27/17--06:00: _How to Choose Insur...
- 01/19/18--10:55: _WeightWise and Obal...
- 02/07/18--08:51: _Safety and Risks of...
- 11/05/14--08:27: Research Study
- 03/09/15--07:07: Understanding Obesity video
- 02/10/16--08:05: Hair Loss after Weight Loss Surgery
- 04/14/16--07:55: ReShape ™ Dual Balloon Procedure at WeightWise!
- 05/02/16--11:30: Single Anastamosis Loop Duodenal Switch
- 05/13/16--14:31: We Take Aetna Health Plan
- 07/26/16--08:25: Welcome, Marquis Hurst!
- 11/16/16--13:27: Experts Recommend Weight Loss Surgery for Diabetes
- 02/27/17--05:00: Weight Loss Surgery Myths
- 03/27/17--06:00: How to Choose Insurance for Weight Loss Surgery
- 01/19/18--10:55: WeightWise and Obalon Balloon System
- 02/07/18--08:51: Safety and Risks of Bariatric Surgery
Exciting News! We are continuing the work of updating patient data (current weight, stats and labs) for a research study to be published in refereed medical journals. This survey does not have to be printed, faxed, or mailed as did our previous data collection survey. We only ask that you fill out the information on...
The post Research Study appeared first on .
Understanding obesity. What does that mean? We hear so much about obesity in the media—and also from many people who know nothing about the disease. Yes, that’s right- I said disease. Obesity is not a lifestyle choice, it is a disease. It is not just a matter of eat less, move more. It is about...
The post Understanding Obesity video appeared first on .
One of the most common concerns following weight loss surgery is hair loss. Our hair is a large part of our appearance and body image. Having that image altered in any way is stressful for most of us. But while our hair is important to us for many psychological reasons, it is not vital to...
The post Hair Loss after Weight Loss Surgery appeared first on .
WeightWise is the first clinic in Oklahoma to offer the ReShape™ Integrated Dual Balloon System as a non-surgical option for weight loss. ReShape provides a new option for people looking to have greater weight loss success than with typical diet and exercise, but not looking for the permanence of a weight loss surgery. What is ReShape? The ReShape Dual...
The post ReShape ™ Dual Balloon Procedure at WeightWise! appeared first on .
The Single Anastamosis Loop Duodenal Switch (SADS) is a weight loss surgery now offered as a surgical option at WeightWise. This surgery is a modification of a well-known and very aggressive malabsorptive operation called the Duodenal Switch. The original Duodenal Switch (DS) operation carries a higher Type II Diabetes Mellitus (DMII) resolution and higher percentage...
The post Single Anastamosis Loop Duodenal Switch appeared first on .
WeightWise is pleased to announce that we accept Aetna Health Plan. In the past many insurance policies didn’t cover bariatric procedures. Today, more companies are expanding coverage to pay for weight loss surgery. This is great news since bariatric surgery improves health and saves lives. If you’re covered by Aetna, contact us if you’re considering...
The post We Take Aetna Health Plan appeared first on .
WeightWise Bariatric Program and Metabolic Center is excited to announce the addition of their new nurse practitioner, Marquis Hurst. We are thrilled to have her on the team, please join us in welcoming her to the WeightWise family! Welcome, Marquis! Marquis was raised in Oklahoma. Destined to go to the University of Oklahoma, she graduated...
The post Welcome, Marquis Hurst! appeared first on .
Weight loss surgery should be used more often as a treatment for diabetes recommends new guidelines. The guidelines were published recently in the journal Diabetes Care, a publication of the American Diabetes Association. The new recommendations for using weight loss surgery for diabetes were endorsed by 45 health groups including the American Diabetes Association and...
The post Experts Recommend Weight Loss Surgery for Diabetes appeared first on .
Awareness of weight loss surgery has grown in the decades since the procedure was introduced. New and safer techniques, such as laparoscopic surgery, are continuously being refined. At WeightWise, our surgeons complete about 99 percent of procedures using minimally invasive techniques.
The post Weight Loss Surgery Myths appeared first on .
Everyone needs health insurance. But how do you decide what type of plan to buy? If you're preparing for weight loss surgery, you should know that not every insurance company covers the procedures.Some companies pay for some types of weight loss surgery. Others offer limited or no benefits for bariatric surgery.
The post How to Choose Insurance for Weight Loss Surgery appeared first on .
If you’re ready to jump start your weight loss with a tool to maximize your exercise and healthy food choices, but have hesitated due to fears over surgery or long recovery periods, WeightWise has your solution. WeightWise is thrilled to announce that we are now offering Obalon. This does mean that we will no longer...
The post WeightWise and Obalon Balloon System appeared first on .
It is common to hear misconceptions about bariatric surgery. Statements like, “It is a dangerous surgery”, “Won’t you die from that”, or “It is the easy way out” are false statements. These paint a picture of the safety and risks of bariatric surgery that is untrue and misleading. They may also prevent people from getting safe and...
The post Safety and Risks of Bariatric Surgery appeared first on .